Asus A6JE and windows 8

William Valzelli

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013
Hello everyone,
I wanted to install Windows 8 on an old laptop of mine, everything works fine except for the graphics card, wich is not even recognized by the OS. In "Other Devices" i get a generic device wich i think is the ATI Mobility Radeon x1450, while in graphics card i get "Microsoft Basic Graphics Card". I tried installing some drivers i found on this site (http://it.driverscollection.com/?H=A6Je&By=ASUS), the caralyst suite from the amd site and the basic drivers that come with the os. However every single driver i tried to install has given me the error "The driver you're trying to install is not compatible with the operating system", even the basic microsoft ones.
I really can't figure it out and any help would be really appreciated!
Thanks in advance, and sorry for my bad english.

AMD ended driver support for the x1000 graphic card series a few years ago; 2009 or 2010.

While it is a directX 9c graphics chip without proper drivers from AMD it will continue to appear as a "Microsoft Basic Graphics Card". There is nothing you can really except to reinstall the previous OS. I'm not even sure if there are Windows 7 drivers for that series.