Asus Aura Sync

Solution
Ok, I have the Trident Z Rgb ram and a non-compatible momboard (Asus X370-A) and got Aura sync to work.
Here's basically what I did:

If you installed Aura Sync BEFORE installing "AI Suite 3", you must do a complete uninstall. This means uninstalling using the control panel or any other program. Double check by going into Program x86 > ASUS > Aura. If you see any files in there, delete them or change the file name if you can't.

Update AI Suite to the latest drivers. Then re-install Aura Sync with closest-compatible mobo (mine was X370-Pro.) After downloading zip, do not open. Unblock zip by right-clicking > properties > at the bottom, checkmark the box that says "Unblock".

Open zip, install program using "AsusSetup.exe". Reset your...

JalYt_Justin

Prominent
Jun 12, 2017
You can get it on their support page. https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-Z370-E-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

Select Windows 10, then scroll down to Utilities, and then show all downloads. Aura will be there. You do NOT need to have a compatible motherboard, just compatible parts. Source: Using an ASRock X370 Killer SLI that is not compatible with Aura Sync, but using Trident Z RGB that shows up and can be controlled in Aura.

ex_bubblehead

Distinguished
MERGED QUESTION
Question from thorbjornwesth : "Asus Aura Sync not working"

surge0116

Estimable
Nov 6, 2015
Ok, I have the Trident Z Rgb ram and a non-compatible momboard (Asus X370-A) and got Aura sync to work.
Here's basically what I did:

If you installed Aura Sync BEFORE installing "AI Suite 3", you must do a complete uninstall. This means uninstalling using the control panel or any other program. Double check by going into Program x86 > ASUS > Aura. If you see any files in there, delete them or change the file name if you can't.

Update AI Suite to the latest drivers. Then re-install Aura Sync with closest-compatible mobo (mine was X370-Pro.) After downloading zip, do not open. Unblock zip by right-clicking > properties > at the bottom, checkmark the box that says "Unblock".

Open zip, install program using "AsusSetup.exe". Reset your computer. I unplugged my computer from the wall for good measure as this was stated frequently among forums as an easy "fix" for the program.

When you boot back up you should be able to use the program with no problem... Ok, one problem is that every time you turn off your computer your settings reset but hey at least you got it to work.

Solution

thorbjornwesth

Prominent
Nov 8, 2017
I have a new problem now, i cant uninstall aura completely, there is no files of it, but in ccleaner it still says that it is there, but i cant uninstall it, i just get the "an installation support file could not be installed" error. What do i do?