Asus Charging Issue

girlgeek4

Prominent
Jan 26, 2018
I have an Asus Q503UA laptop and it wasn't charging after I tried two Asus OEM adapters. Every time I wiggled it out it would charge. It charged in some places but not all.

I came to the conclusion it was the DC jack. I purchased on for the Q503UA on eBay, had it installed and it worked for a while, but then stopped charging.

I updated all drivers for Windows 10 and even went into device manager to uninstall the ACI controller for the battery and booted up. It worked for a little bit, but the same issue.

It is weird, it charges at some places fully, but not others. I know the wiring in my house is good and can charge any device. The Asus battery I have now is 19V. I believe it's either 35 Watts or 45 Watts.

I don't think it's any hardware issues afaik. I was contemplating trying a higher voltage battery from Asus to see if that does the trick or maybe plug it into a surge protector. If all else fails I was planning on booting up to Ubuntu on a drive to see if it charges, to isolate if it's a Windows issue.

If that doesn't work then reinstalling Windows 10 to the system default.

I would appreciate your insight.

Thanks.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from girlgeek4 : "Asus Q503UA Charging Issue"