Asus F555LA-AB31 Stuck in Aptio Setup Utility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_161

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017
Any ideas how to fix this? I've tried the steps listed in this thread: http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-1854127/solve-problem-aptio-setup-utility.html
I have also tried factory resetting the device (f9) and I have created a boot repair from one of my other windows 10 computers onto a USB Drive.
The laptop has done this two times before, the first two it entered windows repair after several failed attempts at booting. However, this has not happened the 50+ times I've rebooted the laptop. When I used the USB to boot from, I let the laptop sit for 6 hours while it loaded, it prompted me for a keyboard layout and after I selected the correct layout it froze. I waited an hour to see if it would continue, and it didn't so I restarted the laptop. Since then I have not been able to get it back to that screen. As of now it's stuck in the Aptio Setup Utility unless it's off. Hope all of that information will help you help me. Thanks a lot!

Solution
So you used the following info to try and get out of Aptio?

1. In the Aptio Setup Utility, select the "boot" menu and then select "Launch CSM" and change it to "enable".

2. Next select the "Security" menu and then select "secure Boot Control" and change to "disable".

3. Now select "Save & Exit" and press "yes".

4. Once you have done this, hold down the "power" button until the laptop turns off completely.

5. Now you want to power it back on and continually press the "F9" button for about ten seconds or until you are taken to the "Windows Recovery Menu".

6. In here select "Advanced Start Up" and then, once the recovery menu appears, select "Advance Options".

7. Choose "System Restore" and select a date prior to when the problem...
So you used the following info to try and get out of Aptio?

1. In the Aptio Setup Utility, select the "boot" menu and then select "Launch CSM" and change it to "enable".

2. Next select the "Security" menu and then select "secure Boot Control" and change to "disable".

3. Now select "Save & Exit" and press "yes".

4. Once you have done this, hold down the "power" button until the laptop turns off completely.

5. Now you want to power it back on and continually press the "F9" button for about ten seconds or until you are taken to the "Windows Recovery Menu".

6. In here select "Advanced Start Up" and then, once the recovery menu appears, select "Advance Options".

7. Choose "System Restore" and select a date prior to when the problem started.

The computer should now go through the restore process and then start normally for you.

If this didn't work, and you are still stuck, you can try the following and see if it will get you going again.

Note: If this problem started after an update (or system reinstall), please make sure the laptop is not connected to the internet in any way before you use the following instructions.

Try the following...

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
4. Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
5. Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.
6. Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".
7. Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.
8. From here just follow the screen instructions until the recovery is completed.

NOTE: You will need to get into the "Advanced Options" in order to get the "Refresh Option". This choice will keep your data, but any programs installed will be lost.

Do not do a "Reset" as that will wipe all data you have on the laptop.

Solution

Zac_10

Commendable
Feb 1, 2017
I'm having the same problem but now when I press f9 nothing is popping up and I've tried holding it and I've tried pressing down over and over again it always comes up with "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key" please help

Michael76

Prominent
Mar 10, 2017
I have a Windows 10 ASUS TP200SA which was stuck in the Aptio Setup Utility. I tried everything that was suggested and by happenstance I inserted a thumb drive into a USB port and restarted the unit. The tablet started with a different screen. It asked to insert a thumb drive with a boot system.. I downloaded Windows 10 upgrade to a thumb drive and inserted into a USB port and restarted the unit. The tablet started in the Windows setup screen. When asked to Upgrade or run the Custom setup run the Custom setup and everything should work properly.
I hope this fix is helpful.

Michael76

Prominent
Mar 10, 2017
Inserted a thumb drive into a USB port and restarted the unit. The tablet started with a different screen. It asked to insert a thumb drive with a boot system.. I downloaded Windows 10 upgrade to a thumb drive and inserted into a USB port and restarted the unit. The tablet started in the Windows setup screen. When asked to Upgrade or run the Custom setup run the Custom setup and everything should work properly.
I hope this fix is helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.