Asus G501 vs Asus UX501

DotorSocrates

Estimable
Apr 22, 2015
I am heading to college in the fall and have narrowed my search down to two laptops, the Asus G501 and the Asus UX501. Both laptops are slowly rolling out right now and both have remarkibly similar specs. I am looking into the highest model for each laptop.

The only difference between the two seems to be the case of the device and the touch screen that the UX501 holds.

So my question is, will these laptops perform the same as far as speed and gaming performance goes? Would they both get the same battery life? I prefer the UX501 as far as looks go but my main concerns come up with the heavy performance from the UX501. Will the UX501 handle heat as well as the G501? Will the metal keyboard hold up as well as the keyboard of the G501? Will the UX501 remain as quiet as the G501 when going through heavy use? Are there any other differences I should be concerned about when thinking about gaming on the UX501?
Again, I prefer the UX501 so I am only concerned if any of these things are massively different or will truly hamper my gaming experience.

Solution
As far as I can tell, they are exactly the same. The differences between them:
- They are not of the same color theme
- The UX501 has a touchscreen option.
- The UX501 has a Windows 8.1 Pro version

I have seen many model online already for both, and depending on the country the same spec options are available for both:
- 2G/4G VRAM
- 512GB PCIe SSD
- 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD

jgillispie

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010

Right now the only models I've seen available in the US differ in that the UX501 comes with a 2GB GPU but a touchscreen. IF you don't care about touchscreen get the G501.

neek13

Estimable
May 5, 2015
As far as I can tell, they are exactly the same. The differences between them:
- They are not of the same color theme
- The UX501 has a touchscreen option.
- The UX501 has a Windows 8.1 Pro version

I have seen many model online already for both, and depending on the country the same spec options are available for both:
- 2G/4G VRAM
- 512GB PCIe SSD
- 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD

Solution

Jonathan Solorzano

Estimable
Jun 29, 2015

Could you address the links of that variants?

TRENDING THREADS