• NO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MAYBE

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

shilsden

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
Hi i have an Asus g53sx and when i turn the power button on nothing comes up on the screen, All the lights at the top of the keyboard come on and stay on and light bulb light stays on as well as the light to show me that the power supply is plugged in (RED). The hard drive light comes on for 2 seconds then turns off for good, there are no windows sound playing and pressing caps lock on and off does nothing to the light.

Any help or idea to what i have to do to fix it will be really good. if you can solve this you will be a life saver Thanks.

No2rdame

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
If everything booted up and you could hear sound and the hard drive light came on cycled for longer I'd say it has something to do with your monitor. However, if the HD light comes on and goes right off I almost wonder if it's shot. Can you get your hands on another HD with an OS (borrow one from a different PC, maybe) and install it on the G53? that's an easy way to troubleshoot if it's the HD or the mobo.

shilsden

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
will see what i can get my hands on tomorrow, quick 2 questions i have 2 hdd installed if one of them is bad would its stop the other from working as well and also if the mobo was shot would it sill run power through it for the lights and blueray player to open up and try and read a disk ?

(Will replay after work tomorrow thanks for any help you can give)

No2rdame

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
I don't want to say that the bad HD would cause these problems because it may be possible. As far as the motherboard being shot, it has so many components and functions to it, it is possible that it could run part of the boot up and then fail at some other point. But, your best way to troubleshoot is to try and isolate what could be bad and then swap things out or test them on another machine piece by piece. it can be tedious.

TRENDING THREADS