ASUS G750JZ not recognizing the AC adapter not charging or powering it

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROG593

Commendable
Dec 27, 2016
Hi Everyone!

I have a problem with my laptop an ASUS ROG G750JZ, it does not recognize the power adapter and I am not able to charge my battery or powering it without the battery. A few months ago it started not recognising the ac adapter, the charger was plugged in the red/green led was lit but from nowhere the laptop stopped recognizing the ac charger was plugged in and the power cut off stopping the battery charge and the charging led turned off but the ac adapter was plugged in the hole time (since this is a desktop replace I rarely use it without the ac apdater) and it just stop receiving power from it. Now this is the 3rd time this happens, the 2nd time this happened the laptop "fixed itself" after 4-6hrs, what I did is: I turned off the laptop and left it plugged hopping after some time the laptop will recognize the ac adapter again and somehow that worked just leaving the ac charger plugged in after those 6hrs the laptop started to charge the battery again now about a month later this happens again and this time took 16hrs for the laptop to recognize the ac adapter was plugged in but this time it did not "fixed" completely like the last time becuase the laptop is plugged in but no charging or reciving power/energy I don't really know how to describe this problem better than this, if any of you know how can I fix this or where I can find a possible fix please tell me.

In my desperation to try to "fix" this I kind of shaked the laptop to try to make the dc power jack work again, it didnt work and I dont know why I did this but I blowed the dc power jack like a NES cartridge and after some secs I plugged in the AC adapter it started to charge the battery again but when I turn the laptop on the charge stops and the led goes from red/green to completly off, this blowing the dc power jack port only works, only charges the battery when the laptop is off.
(This method has worked 3 of 3 times i've used to charge the battery so I can use the laptop atleast only with the battery)

Last things to mentions are:

- The ac adapter is new checked the led is ok and measured the voltage with a multimeter everything is OK, voltages are very similar between the original and new ac charger.
- The battery holds a good charge even its more than 2 years old the battery is in good condition
- The 1st time this happened I sent the laptop to a technician to check the dc power jack, he said it was ok and there was no problems, didnt belive him but the laptop returned working again with no problem.
- My laptop is running windows 10 it had win 8 from factory I never updated BIOS or any other drivers besides NVIDIA and Audio drivers plus win 10 auto updates

Hope someone can help me. Thank you all in advance

If it is only charging when the laptop is turned off, your cord is your problem.

I know you tested it, however this is a seriously common problem. It is sending through just enough power to run the device, but not enough to both run it and charge at the same time.

So you have two options. Only charge when the laptop is turned off, or get yourself a new charger/adapter. I would advise the second one. However be sure that you don't get an aftermarket one. While aftermarket is great for some things, laptop chargers/adapters and laptop batteries are not on that list. With those is is better to go OEM.

ROG593

Commendable
Dec 27, 2016

thanks for the reply

But I really doubt the cord is the problem, and like I said the current adapter has less than 8 months compared to the older/original adapter that is 2.5 years old. Also I should mention the new adapter I bought is of the same brand as the original: Delta Electronics, for some reason says in the sticker HP and Compaq but still the same 230W adapter from Delta Electronics, the original doesn't have ASUS brand in the sticker only the DE brand and the most important thing is when the new adapter arrived, the laptop still didn't charge the battery this problem remained even with a brand new adapter.
Im asking for help because I live in a country where high-end/desktop replacement laptops like mine are not common and the PC technicians don't even know how to disassemble a laptop like this, I had to import the charger from Amazon USA because no one in my country sells over 90W adapters and ASUS doesn't offer here an official tech support so I don't really know where to go for help, I already posted this problem in ASUS ROG forums but no one replied.

Yikes. Finding good tech support is so important. There is the charging circuit that if blown make it not charge, but it seems unlikely if it will charge when off. When the charging circuit goes, it won't charge at all.

The reason why I mention the cord is because you said it will charge when off, but not when on. That is usually caused by the power cord/adapter not giving out enough power to charge the device and run it (hence not working when on), but is giving enough to charge when off. Now it is possible that the charging port has a bad connection that is a cause, but that even seems odd if only works when off.

Status
Not open for further replies.