Asus G751JL shuts down while gaming

Jefferyk1990

Commendable
Sep 25, 2016
Hello I purchased a asus laptop from someone and it keeps shutting down when. I try to play a game. Re-sinked it and blew out the dust which there was hardly any and factory reset to Windows 8.1 and downloaded all the recent drivers from asus.com still shutting down. Laptop is always on a hard surface including on a cooling pad. Thought it was the bios and installed the latest on the site as well. The only time the laptop would work is when it's on my a/c vent then I can play games that I've tried and works great. Downloaded MSI afterburner to check gpu and notebook fan speed to check cpu Temps and they are at 35-50 it shuts off at 55 around there but laptop like asus should be able to go higher Temps when gaming. Please help I just spent a lot of money on the laptop and it's only 1 year old saying on the Box retail.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Jefferyk1990 : "Asus g751JL Shuts down"

Jefferyk1990

Commendable
Sep 25, 2016

I tried it with it plugged in and even with the battery disconnected and plugged in. But I think it was a heat sink problem Ivery sent the laptop back and got a refund buying a brand new new asus g752