Asus G751JT vs. MSI gs70 2qe stealth pro red edition

Ericane

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012
Hello!

As title says, I have been looking at the following laptop models:
-Asus G751JT
-MSI gs70 2qe stealth pro red edition

Both of them are used and they are almost the same price and specs.
(I7 & 970m)

I do have a gaming desktop, so I am currently looking for a gaming laptop to use when I have to take long work trips. I will also use the laptop at home and bring it to my friends.

If you could help me decide which one will be better for gaming in my situation, I would be gratefull.

Thanks!

Solution
Suprisingly, it seems the asus has a desktop 970, not a 970m like in the msi, so you will get better framerates at higher settings with that choice, but the msi has a super nice ssd, much higher capacity 512gb vs 120gb, and significantly faster. They both have similar monitors. It depends on your priority- gaming or having nice storage- you can upgrade storage to higher capacity but you cannot upgrade the video card.

Rooster__

Estimable
Jan 26, 2016
Suprisingly, it seems the asus has a desktop 970, not a 970m like in the msi, so you will get better framerates at higher settings with that choice, but the msi has a super nice ssd, much higher capacity 512gb vs 120gb, and significantly faster. They both have similar monitors. It depends on your priority- gaming or having nice storage- you can upgrade storage to higher capacity but you cannot upgrade the video card.

Solution