Asus G75v black screen after cleaning and fan repair.

XenoFrank

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014
Hi! So the situation is this; I originally opened up the laptop to fix a grinding fan. After solving that I forgot to secure the cable that allows me to turn on the laptop. I went back in, secured the cable, tested the machine to see if it boots and it did. Then after fastening all the screws in place, surprise, black screen. I'm almost 100% certain this is a hardware problem, but I don't know where to start. This is my roommates previous laptop and he had dropped it not too long after getting it, the right corner of the chassis is very damaged and the hinge that connects the screen to the chassis is busted and isn't secure. So when opening the screen it lifts on the corner so you have to push down on the right side of the screen to get it in place.

-Laptop has power, CD drive spins, HDD's make noise.
-USB does not power up mouse
-External monitor doesn't work.
-Sometimes after powering up it will restart itself
-Took the screen apart nothing is loose there.

ffg7

Distinguished
take it apart again to the stage it last worked to see if works again. if does then slowly re-assemble but turn on to see if still posts. had to do that on a customer's laptop who spilt water on it & the geak squad said the whole laptop is dead. the customer is now using that laptop as I got it working by dis-assembling & re-assemble with powerups in between to make certain it still posted.

ffg7

Distinguished
take it apart again to the stage it last worked to see if works again. if does then slowly re-assemble but turn on to see if still posts. had to do that on a customer's laptop who spilt water on it & the geak squad said the whole laptop is dead. the customer is now using that laptop as I got it working by dis-assembling & re-assemble with powerups in between to make certain it still posted.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Laptop Tech Support 3
R Laptop Tech Support 1
Tintha Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 0
Beunhaas13 Laptop Tech Support 1
6277 Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 6
cames Laptop Tech Support 0
R Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 3
Dragonsbloodmoon Laptop Tech Support 2