Asus Intros Transformer Pad Infinity Tablet Line, More

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gidgiddonihah

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009
[citation][nom]belardo[/nom]And what idea would that be?[/citation]

Umm that would be iTunes (bought it), Siri (bought it), the GUI (bought it), the iPod (stole it, then panteted the heck out of it), etc. Yea Apple devices can be overpriced to some people. I got my Toshiba Thrive (that will do more than the iPad will ever do without toting around an extra 100$+ of accessories) for 280$ and they normally sell for 320$ish. Compare that to the 500$+ that the iPad sells for.

I'm realy tired of fanboys on both sides spouting incorrect information, and then getting mad when people have opinions that differ from yours. People are entitled to their own opinions, if they want the closed garden of Apple and that makes them more comfortable, then great. If they want Android and the open-ness that it brings to the table, then they should be able to do that without being attacked.

Both platforms offer different things (Its a similar dabate to the Mac vs. Windows) that might detract or add to the experience for different people. Please allow people their own opinions.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
I am TIRED of the apple hate

Apple made its money by channeling billions into advertisement in order to delude clueless fanboys into thinking that they were cool because they were using drm infested lock-down shiny hardware. All those billions spent on lies and deceit generated lots of hate from savvy observers who could see right through Steve Jobs' propaganda circus. So just deal with the hate now. It is here to stay. When only lies, propaganda, and deceit is all that holds you in place you get lots of hate.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
They are the ones that need the brain dead easy interface.... give me something with a bit of meat to it.....

From talking to members of the church of iCrap, I get the feeling that Apple drm infested hardware is anything but easy to use. Imagine surfing the web without Flash or Java support-- just that must be an extremely frustrating experience. I pity the technologically clueless moronic souls that just to impress other equally moronic souls with their Apple logo endup in Apple's handyourwalletorelse net.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
I got my Toshiba Thrive (that will do more than the iPad will ever do.

Love the Toshiba Thrive to death, but the screen is a bit fragile so be careful. Though replacing it is easy. I used to lecture from a handwritten notebooks. Now I carry my notes in my Thrive and feel really free because I can have like five or six different notebooks in the Thrive and if I want convert them into pdf. And believe it or not I love that little extra thickness. About a month back I cracked the glass screen because I placed it in a backpack and something pressed against it too hard when I was sitting with it. So ordered the screen with the bevel and will replace it once I get it. Another reason why it pays to have a device that can be serviced by the user. Had it been and iPad I would have had to purchase another one which would have been a drag. Also love all the connectivity of the Thrive with its full size SD card slot.

One of my friends has a iPad and he hates it, especially because of all the limitations--no flash, no Java, no this, no that,....!!! He said having the device is like having a controlfreak freeloader as your friend. At every turn the iPad is asking him to pay for this or to pay for that or telling him not to do this or not to do that. So he is going to list the little iCrap jail in Ebay. Surely some clueless zombie will be happy impressing equally clueless zombies with the logo. Yes, Apple has uses just like the Jaguar has uses. Savvy car owners know that Jaguar makes horribly mediocre cars, but stupid brand-driven people only think of the brand and of how other people, obviously dumb ones also, will be impressed with the brand name "Jaguar" and thus opt to spend more money than they should purchasing what is by all measures a mediocre car. Yeah if you want to impress some clueless prostitute in some rural town you probably want to arrive in a Jaguar XF as opposed to a Honda when you first meet her, but driving such a car just makes you look like you know nothing about cars. The same goes for iCrap.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
I agree, maybe i overreacted but its not that statement that pissed me off, it was every "statement" about apple in the pased couple of months and pisses me off, i am not a apple fan boy but i accept their products are good, maybe overpriced but they are worth it.

I beg to differ. For me Apple is a threat to open standards, and together with the narrowly managed MSM threatens the freedom of the people to choose products that are well priced, promote user responsibility, promote green standards, promote ethical labor standards, and promote the advancement of their technological development and integration into the march of technology. The fact that Apple has thrived is an indication that something is terribly wrong in our society, and that a large number of people are technologically clueless and easily herded by a skilled con-artist more benevolent but not entirely different from prior con-artists like the propagandist Joseph Goebbels, may he rest in hell alongside Mr Jobs. Companies that have seen the success of Apple's smokeandscreens are now contemplating or employing equally nefarious methods in order to increase their profits, something that threatens the freedom of all people, including the freedom of the aristotechnocracia (the technologically advanced people that should be calling the shots and helping integrate and liberate the masses as they embrace technology). Who is the aristotechnocracia ? -- it is the group of women and men that promotes open standards that can help the globe embrace the technological revolution. It is not Steve Jobs and his Crook promoting handmeyourwallet standards that defraud the people. It is not a technologically sub-literate class of imbeciles matching their scarves with the logo of their cases and sitting in conspicuously places, like coffeeshop windows, in order to increase their iThinkmebetterthanyou visibility.

Sorry but I disagree with you. Apple is best shut down. Apple defecates on the people and poses a threat to the freedom of all people including the freedom of the morons that embrace their products. Apple replaces ignorance with hubris, and there is nothing more dangerous than unfounded hubris.

Status
Not open for further replies.