Question Asus Issues with booting from bios

Aug 2, 2021
Hello i need help i have a laptop that wont boot into windows and want to try and install linux mint i have formatted usb drive and used yummi to burn image when i insert into pc and boot into bios change boot sequence to usb it won't boot just starts with windows and stops any ideas please

Is secure boot enabled (if that is an option)? Also try switching from UEFI to BIOS mode. I'm no expert as I don't do this often, but have also fought this issue in the past. I used Rufus (I don't know yummi) and also found I needed to experiment with different init settings in Rufus to make a bootable USB. I assume you are getting rid of Windows altogther and installing just linux?

Aug 2, 2021
Is secure boot enabled (if that is an option)? Also try switching from UEFI to BIOS mode. I'm no expert as I don't do this often, but have also fought this issue in the past. I used Rufus (I don't know yummi) and also found I needed to experiment with different init settings in Rufus to make a bootable USB. I assume you are getting rid of Windows altogther and installing just linux?
I will look at this very shortly yes getting rid of windows may go back to it at some point just need to get it working again ill look into rufus and bios options