Solved! Asus k53sj new battery not charging

Jan 20, 2019
Hello , i have a asus k53sj and i replaced the battery with a second hand one (tested on another laptop) . The problem is that my laptop it's not charging the battery and doesn't want to work only with the battery (the battery is 75 percent charged) it's only working for about 1 minute then it crush. I think it's a motherboard issue. Sorry for my bad english and thanks in advance.

Solution
If it charges on another device (the battery) then you are looking at either the charger is the issue (which seems less likely) or the charging circuit on the motherboard could be the problem.
The second hand battery, is it an original (OEM) battery or an aftermarket one? If it is an aftermarket one, that could be your problem. Also, if it is not the exact same battery as your original (has any different specifications) then that would cause this as well.

Additionally, have you tried charging it when the laptop is turned off, rather than on?

Jan 20, 2019
Thanks for the reply , the battery is oem and the same as original for the laptop . I tried charging with the laptop powered off , the same blinking orange dot ( like it's not charging the battery) and when i powered on only with the battery crashes after a minute.