ASUS K55A problem - Black Screen

damo999

Honorable
Jun 16, 2013
Recently my laptop was having trouble whilst booting up. I can't recall what the error message was exactly but for some reason while booting the laptop would not recognise the drive with windows installed, so every time I would turn the laptop on, I would press esc while booting up and select 'windows boot manager', which seemed to fix the problem.

I then thought I could fix the problem permanently by entering bios and changing the boot order and changed it so 'windows boot manager' was number 1 on the boot order. However, when I go to turn the laptop on, the screen now stays black! The power button lights up, I can hear the hard drive working, and I know the screen isn't broken.

I think I could fix the problem by entering bios and resetting the settings but I can't see because the screen is blank! Can anyone help??

m1keybh0y

Honorable
Jul 23, 2013
take the battery out, put it back in and while pressing the power button tap F2 continuously. If nothing happens call asus on 08701208340 and if in warranty they will send a courier out for repair.

pellejo

Honorable
Aug 11, 2013
Hallo damo999
I just met this problem after returning from vacation. Read about this way which has worked for a lot of people8but, alas, not for me):

1. Remove power plug
2. Remove battery
3. Press power button for 45 sec
4. Insert battery
5. Insert power plug
6. Try starting again
7. In case of not working, retry a couple of times

You might try what has worked for me:

1. Unplug power cord from laptop
2. Let battery stay in laptop
3. Try to start
4. If it doesn´t boot, press and hold power button until laptop powers off, and continue pressing for 45 sec
5. Press and hold power button until laptop powers on and off again and continue pressing for 45 sec
6. Try starting again
7. Repeat if necessary

Wish you good luck and allt the best!!

pellejo from Sweden

TRENDING THREADS