Asus laptop charging, but still drains. WHY?!?!?!

555Timer

Commendable
Jun 9, 2016
hello, i got an Asus N550L laptop. I'm repairing this one. So the problem is, it does NOT charge when plugged in to the charger, but the laptop tells me it IS charging. So the laptop is lying to me.
Now, i replaced the battery with a known good one, still doesn't charge. I reinstalled the battery drivers from microsoft, no succes.
Now, what do i have to do to get this thing doing its job? Its a tuff time.
And it does NOT charge, even when the laptop is turned OFF. The charger and battery, are knows good. The socket for the charger is still intact and the solder joint are solid.
And the laptop does not turn on when battery is removed and the laptop is on the charger. Not sure if this is ok for the N550L.

This thing costed a grand so i doubt it has anything to do with the motherboard, if it does, tell me which component as i probably can replace it.

Does reflashing the BIOS sometimes do the job?

Any advice is appreciated :D

555Timer

Commendable
Jun 9, 2016
Hi, thanks for your answer. However the DC in jack is good and the charger is good too. Replaced battery ect. I measured everything and checked for continuity trought dc jack.

So i need more help, i can't find ANYTHING on the forum and web. Its plugged in CHARGING, but does NOT charge.

Could this be the BIOS? Anyone???