asus laptop drivers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kirk00

Estimable
Nov 2, 2014
I have a Asus vivobook F200CA-SH01T that I tried to install windows 7 on...I deleted all the partitions during the "where do u want to install windows screen and I must have deleted some drivers...when I reset the PC and got to the set up it said windows couldn't find any drivers or load them...if there isn't a operating system how am I suppose to get the drivers?

Solution
It appears that there is no sata/raid drivers available for you laptop from asus directly.

Download this: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22586&keyword=9.4.0.1017&DownloadType=Drivers&lang=eng#_ga=1.115956614.1677591988.1390835150
Then use 7zip to extract the exe, put the files on usb drive and then try to load those drivers at startup.

If this does not work then you have 2 options:
1) install windows 8 instead
2) Completley format the drive and wipeout your factory recovery partion, dissable uefi bios and switch to legacy mode, convert hard drive from gpt to mbr and then you would be able to install win 7.

Unfortunatly you will have to take several steps back to get win 7 installed.
Before you start messing with things, are you using the USB 2 ports to boot? That is step 1.

Then you need to go to the advanced drive options and delete all the partitions on the hard drive, and create a new one. After that it should let you install Windows 7.

There are instructins on how to get Windows 7 installed on new laptops with the uefi bios, do a web search if you can't get it installed after you make sure you are using a USB 2 port and have all partitions wiped and deleted so you have a single un-used partition.

kirk00

Estimable
Nov 2, 2014

i cant eve nfix it now...my hard drive isnt even showing up in windows 8 set up or windows 7 set up