asus laptop drivers

kirk00

Estimable
Nov 2, 2014
I have a Asus vivobook F200CA-SH01T that I tried to install windows 7 on...I deleted all the partitions during the "where do u want to install windows screen and I must have deleted some drivers...when I reset the PC and got to the set up it said windows couldn't find any drivers or load them...if there isn't a operating system how am I suppose to get the drivers?

Solution
It appears that there is no sata/raid drivers available for you laptop from asus directly.

Download this: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22586&keyword=9.4.0.1017&DownloadType=Drivers&lang=eng#_ga=1.115956614.1677591988.1390835150
Then use 7zip to extract the exe, put the files on usb drive and then try to load those drivers at startup.

If this does not work then you have 2 options:
1) install windows 8 instead
2) Completley format the drive and wipeout your factory recovery partion, dissable uefi bios and switch to legacy mode, convert hard drive from gpt to mbr and then you would be able to install win 7.

Unfortunatly you will have to take several steps back to get win 7 installed.
Are you installing from a DVD or USB? If USB make sure you use a USB 2 port.

When you said you reset the computer, why did you do that? It should have just gone through the setup after you deleted the partitions and created a new one to use.

You may want to put some details about the exact steps you are doing and what the error message is and when it comes up.

kirk00

Estimable
Nov 2, 2014
I'm using a USB to flash it and when I deleted all of them it wouldn't let me create a new one..I kept getting error in disk part...the error that shows up is "load driver: a required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk CD DVD or USB flash drive, please inset it now" is the USB drivers missing?

kirk00

Estimable
Nov 2, 2014
When I click ok at the bottom a new errorerror pops up "no device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers and then click ok"

Ok, first off you need to be in a usb 2.0 plug and not a 3.0 (3.0 is blue, 2.0 is black).

If you are in a 2.0 plug and still get that error, move usb stick to different 2.0 port, close prompt and cancel, it should take you back to first install windows screen, then select install agian and go through the motions and it shoudl allow you to install windows.

kirk00

Estimable
Nov 2, 2014
Its still giving me the error...any other ideas? When I try to install windows 8 it won't let me delete disk 0 partition 1 and I can't create a new one or use the unallocated spAced

OHHH YOU ARE GOING FROM 8 TO WINDOWS 7.

You need to load the disk controller drivers into windows setup where it asks about what partiton.

You shoudl be able to find sata/raid chipset drivers on ASUS website.

Windows 7 does not have do well with GPT using its built in drivers, so it needs some additional drivers.

kirk00

Estimable
Nov 2, 2014
No I'm asking...if I don have a operating system how am I suppose to get the drivers onto the laptop. I'm Dowloading them from a PC how do I get them on a laptop

It appears that there is no sata/raid drivers available for you laptop from asus directly.

Download this: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22586&keyword=9.4.0.1017&DownloadType=Drivers&lang=eng#_ga=1.115956614.1677591988.1390835150
Then use 7zip to extract the exe, put the files on usb drive and then try to load those drivers at startup.

If this does not work then you have 2 options:
1) install windows 8 instead
2) Completley format the drive and wipeout your factory recovery partion, dissable uefi bios and switch to legacy mode, convert hard drive from gpt to mbr and then you would be able to install win 7.

Unfortunatly you will have to take several steps back to get win 7 installed.

Solution

kirk00

Estimable
Nov 2, 2014

im a noob at this lol so exactly how do i carry out option 2? i dont know how do format the hard drive and convert it to mbr...im new to this stuff