ASUS Laptop not recognizing headphones [Not shown in playback devices]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel_297

Commendable
Aug 23, 2016
Hello

Recently the headphone jack in my ASUS X555LAB Laptop stop working

When I plug in my Apple Earpods in the laptop, I got to playback devices but it's not there

So, I want on the asus website and re-installed the Realtek Drivers, but no luck

I know it's not the headphones that dont work, it's just that my laptop is not recongnizing the headphones.

Also, I recently bought this "Sabrent USB To Headphone" drive for my computer off Amazon and it works. I plug it into the USB Drive on my laptop and connect my headphones to it and I can hear fine, but the problem is the mic does not work. So, when I try to play CSGO, I can hear my teamates but then can't hear me

Does anyone have any solutions for this? Maybe it's the headphone jack that's broken

Thanks

Well it is possible that the adapter you bought isn't dual, meaning it can't do both headphones and a mic.

And while it may be the driver that is your problem for the installed jack, as you have thought, it could be the jack itself.

For the sound driver, all you need to do is uninstall the driver that is on the laptop, and then let windows search for a new driver. You don't have to get it from the Asus website.

Now with the jack, well first you need to determine if the laptop is still under warranty or not. If it is, then contact the manufacturer about repairing or replacing it. It is best to do that, rater than have the work done elsewhere and void the warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.