Asus laptop not working

sonial79

Estimable
Dec 20, 2014
Windows 8 was already installed, but my laptop said it had viruses and that it was at risk. So I refreshed it and it did not do anything. I decided to reboot it and it's been saying "preparing automatic repair" and "diagnosing your Pc" it's been going back and forth like this for almost 2 days now. I already held down the F9 key and it takes me to a screen with 3 options. 1.continue (exit and continue to Windows8.) 2.Troubleshoot (reset or refresh your pc or use advanced tools) 3.turn off your pc.
I already did all 3 of them and nothing happened. Troubleshoot has 3 different options. 1.refresh your pc. 2.reset your pc. 3.advanced options. None of the first 2 worked. So I clicked advanced options and the options for that are 1.system restore 2.system image recovery 3.automatic repair. 4.command prompt. 5. UEFI firmware settings. 6.startup settings. I tired 1 and it says error. I've tired 3, and 6 and it goes back to the screen where it goes back and forth saying preparing automatic repair. I also tried taking the battery out but that also did absolutely nothing.

Solution
Most likely you had a trojan that took over and indicated the viruses to scam you.

At this point you either need to get install media from ASUS if you did not make any recovery media, or if you can startup in safe mode (F8 or shift F8) select safe mode with networking. If you can get into safe mode with networking please advise and I will make you a list of steps needed to get rid of the infections so that you can move on.

RealBeast

Distinguished
Most likely you had a trojan that took over and indicated the viruses to scam you.

At this point you either need to get install media from ASUS if you did not make any recovery media, or if you can startup in safe mode (F8 or shift F8) select safe mode with networking. If you can get into safe mode with networking please advise and I will make you a list of steps needed to get rid of the infections so that you can move on.

Solution