Solved! Asus laptop problem

frylc

Great
Nov 19, 2019
When my laptop gets down to 15% battery power it automatically shuts down. I try to turn it on and all it does is it turns on shows the asus logo and then turns off. If I start charging the laptop it turns on and an automatic repair starts. Laptop works normally after the repair. Is this a battery problem or something else?

Reactions: bastiananthony
Solution
Is the ACPI driver installed? You can find it on the ASUS support homepage for your model.

Could be the battery, yes.

But it could also be normal, that windows thinks it can shutdown safely before powering off. Check the energy settings in windows.

In your case, if it shuts down, it´s not able to boot with the charge of the battery anymore and powers off while booting. This triggers the repair boot.

If windows shuts down safely, plug in the charger before trying to power on again.
Is the ACPI driver installed? You can find it on the ASUS support homepage for your model.

Could be the battery, yes.

But it could also be normal, that windows thinks it can shutdown safely before powering off. Check the energy settings in windows.

In your case, if it shuts down, it´s not able to boot with the charge of the battery anymore and powers off while booting. This triggers the repair boot.

If windows shuts down safely, plug in the charger before trying to power on again.

Reactions: frylc
Solution
Nov 20, 2019
First run command prompt as administrator and type powercfg -energy
Check the log file for any alerts
Then Use DriverBooster7 (free) to update to the latest drivers and update your bios. My 2 cents -MrMasco

Reactions: frylc

frylc

Great
Nov 19, 2019
First run command prompt as administrator and type powercfg -energy
Check the log file for any alerts
Then Use DriverBooster7 (free) to update to the latest drivers and update your bios. My 2 cents -MrMasco

There were quiet a few errors when I typed powercfg -energy but when I tried updating them on DriverBooster7(free) and the pro version all the updates failed. When I go under device manager and try to update the battery drivers it says I already have the latest drivers. Is there anything I can do to fix the errors in powercfg -energy?

frylc

Great
Nov 19, 2019