Question Asus laptop shuts down and wont turn on

May 27, 2021
Hi,

My laptop unfortunately shut down and now it wont turn back on. The battery was 100% when this happend.
I tried a few things like unplugging and replugging the power supply. I have tried to remove the battery from the back but that wont be possible without tools. But I have noticed that when I plug in the power supply the laptop starts making a barely audible and fast ticking noise.

Edit: other then the ticking there is not a single sign of life

I was wondering if any of you know what is going on. Many thanks in advance

, me

Do you have a hard disk (not an SSD)? The ticking could be the HD showing read errors and unable to boot. I thought that would time out and give you an error but maybe not. It;s been a long time since I had a disk crash (since everything I have has been SSD for years).

May 27, 2021
Do you have a hard disk (not an SSD)? The ticking could be the HD showing read errors and unable to boot. I thought that would time out and give you an error but maybe not. It;s been a long time since I had a disk crash (since everything I have has been SSD for years).
I have both and windows is installed on the SSD. I think its a good idea to check out the HDD, but it should probably start without it.