Asus Laptop Turns off when plugged out and wont turn on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerhard_91

Commendable
Sep 7, 2016
Hi, my Asus Laptop turns off immediately when I take the charger out and doesn't want to turn back on. Does not have warranty and I have already purchased a new battery for it and i still have the same problem.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
"There is nothing wrong with the laptop, battery, or computer, it is a power management setting. If you go to display properties, select the screen saver tab, then click the "power" button, in the power schemes field is a drop down window, click on it and select "Rixane Power Scheme", it is a power switching utility that quickly switches between AC and Battery when the power cable/charger is plugged in or unplugged while the laptop is on. If you have it set to "always on" it will shut off when you pull the power cord, even if the battery is charged. This will also happen on many non-HP laptops, if you don't have a HP laptop or there is not a "Rixane" option available, select the "Portable/Laptop" power scheme. Hope this helps!"

Read it...

prestocreams

Commendable
Sep 3, 2016
"There is nothing wrong with the laptop, battery, or computer, it is a power management setting. If you go to display properties, select the screen saver tab, then click the "power" button, in the power schemes field is a drop down window, click on it and select "Rixane Power Scheme", it is a power switching utility that quickly switches between AC and Battery when the power cable/charger is plugged in or unplugged while the laptop is on. If you have it set to "always on" it will shut off when you pull the power cord, even if the battery is charged. This will also happen on many non-HP laptops, if you don't have a HP laptop or there is not a "Rixane" option available, select the "Portable/Laptop" power scheme. Hope this helps!"

Read it from here:
http://ccm.net/forum/affich-198127-laptop-turns-off-when-power-cord-is-removed

Solution
Nov 16, 2018

I had the same problem, here is the only way to fix it: 1. Go to device manager 2. Double click on battery 3 Right-click on Microsoft ACPI - Compliant control method battery 4. Uninstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control method battery (Don't worry, that is the problem) 5. Restart your computer and let everything load for about 5 minutes, then unplug your computer, your problem is solved. This worked for me, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.