Question ASUS Laptop UX430u freezes in sleep, or hibernation, or even when monitor switches off. I have tried everything, even running from bootable disk.

Dec 31, 2020
This has been a problem since the purchase. It is proven I believe to be an ASUS hardware problem and not software conflict or Windows 10 issue. Have the latest BIOS available for download installed "308" So, the only way I can use it is to set the power settings to never go to sleep, or hibernate or turn off the display. If it does freeze in any of those situations, the only solution (as screen is black) is to hold down power button and to force a reboot that way as laptop is still warm and running. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: pjstol
Dec 31, 2020
I have the exact same problem, it's so annoying. Did you figure out a way to fix it?
I do not have a happy answer. I finally broke down and sent it to ASUS Toronto for repair evaluation. I was told yesterday that it was a motherboard problem, but ASUS does not have any motherboard inventory for this model, and will not get any. As the one-year warranty has obviously expired, and despite that I have had this serious problem since purchase i.e. the original motherboard was defective, the only options are to have them ship it back to me or, to get a replacement unit for which I have asked for a quote.