Asus Laptop won't charge past 0%

TheJOJO

Prominent
Jul 2, 2017
Hello, I've had this laptop for about 2 years now and recently the battery started to show strange behaviors. It started to stop charging at specific intervals (85%, 74%, 55%...) until it now completely stops at 0%. I can still use it and turn it on normally, but only if the adapter is plugged in. Otherwise this thing is dead if it's not plugged in and "charging".

The model is an Asus X200M Notebook PC with it's display being 11'6. Originally bought it as a Windows 8.1 and later upgraded to Windows 10 with no issues.

Is there any way to fix this or do I have to look for a new battery to replace it with?

Kevin_312

Prominent
Jun 25, 2017
Could be a dying battery or faulty charger. Try another charger if available. If it's a dying battery, you will need to get a replacement battery.

TheJOJO

Prominent
Jul 2, 2017
Charger is definitely working (since the laptop only works when plugged in by it), so it must be the battery itself. A shame, but I'll have to buy a new battery it seems. Thank you guys.

Kevin_312

Prominent
Jun 25, 2017

That might not be the case, my old laptop was doing the same thing. It was a faulty charger.