ASUS laptop won't turn on, or turn on and won't turn off

Sdavidberry

Estimable
Dec 25, 2015
This morning, my Windows 8 ASUS G75VW, whenever I turned it on, would light up for less then a second, then shut off. The battert indicator on the front was green, so I didn't understand why this happened. After a while of letting it sit, I looked up a solution, which, for another ASUS laptop was unplugging the charger, taking out the battery, holding the power button for 45 seconds, and putting everything back in and turning it back on. This worked, and it turned on. Kinda. The light son the front would turn on, but the monitor didn't, and whenever I pressed or held the power button, it wouldn't power down. The battery indicator also didn't react when I took out the charger, and would stay green. The only way I could make it turn off without waiting for the battery to run out was to physically remove the battery.
Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving that issue.
- Since you've done a hard reset which didn't solve the issue start by testing the AC adapter or better yet try another AC adapter that has the same voltage.
- If there are lights on the laptop indicating that it's on connect and external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it and if you do press the Windows key + P at the same time and select Display Only then press Enter.
- If that will not solve the problem do reseat the RAM, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure that they are seated properly into each slot.
- Lastly, try and connect an external monitor and see if you'll get a display from it or not because if you do that means it's the problem to the display.
- If all these will not work you may need to contact the manufacturer for a repair if it's still under the factory warranty.

Sdavidberry

Estimable
Dec 25, 2015
Thank you for the reply.
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving that issue.
- Since you've done a hard reset which didn't solve the issue start by testing the AC adapter or better yet try another AC adapter that has the same voltage.
- If there are lights on the laptop indicating that it's on connect and external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it and if you do press the Windows key + P at the same time and select Display Only then press Enter.
- If that will not solve the problem do reseat the RAM, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure that they are seated properly into each slot.
- Lastly, try and connect an external monitor and see if you'll get a display from it or not because if you do that means it's the problem to the display.
- If all these will not work you may need to contact the manufacturer for a repair if it's still under the factory warranty.
I was able to try using a different charger, which resulted in the computer turning on, but without the monitor turning on. However, the battery indicators would react to the charger being removed, and I was able to turn it off. After this, I attempted to plug in a new monitor to attempt the other things you suggested, but the spare monitor I had was incompatible with my laptop.