Question ASUS N550JK - BIOS Requires Password After BIOS Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 2019
I decided to update my BIOS to version 209, ASUS website tells 209 update improves performance, so why not?

I did not put any password to BIOS before and was able to access it. ASUS says they are not having any issue but several people uses same device as mine also got their devices bricked.

-I have the GTX850M 4GB model
-I can't access Windows or anything, it directly enters the ''Enter Password'' screen.
-No, I haven't put any passwords, and there were no passwords before.
-Alt+R combination does not work (Biosbug)
-I didn't remove CMOS battery, I could wonk things up even more. Also password is stored at different module, so it wouldn't work.
-I contacted ASUS tech support, they did say that they are processing my request but they did not return. Also ASUS support said to some users with same issue that they can not do anything and they should get a new motherboard. I can't afford a new motherboard, I bought this laptop with my last spare saving three weeks ago.

Any solutions or someone with any similar experience?

Jun 7, 2019
Hi SuperHelix,

Same problem here with a N751JK, BIOS to version 206, « update improves performance »

Full thread here : Bios password after update…

I have already contacted ASUS 5 times by phone and by email : they only keeps repeating me to reset bios with F2 at startup which of course is impossible ’cause neither the bios, neither no one driver is loaded at this time !

I think they try to hide this destructive error to avoid a class action and/or viral facebook / twitter revolution…

Status
Not open for further replies.