ASUS N550JK screen not functioning at all

Prosifitrix

Estimable
Jul 14, 2014
So my laptop is an ASUS N550JK and just yesterday I went home to find that the screen was just blank. I looked everywhere for the solution, and to be clear, there's nothing at all, no backlight, no glow, nothing. It's like it's shut down, except it turns on like normal and the backlit keyboard lights up like normal like it usually would when booting.

I know it's not the FN-F7 key or whatever turns off the screen specifically, I never use it. Although from what I could tell my FN keys weren't able to turn on my backlit keyboard but that's beside the point.

I tried the popular online consensus which was to specifically remove the battery and power, hold the power button for a bit, then start the computer with only the plug, then shut down and restart with the battery. It didn't work.

I hooked up my laptop to my TV via HDMI and it works perfectly, but of course the reason I bought a laptop was for the convenience and having an external monitor would make it essentially a desktop which is a waste of a laptop.

I'm not sure how to interpret this information.

I also removed the hard drive, and the computer just told me to insert bootable media when I booted it up connected to the TV, so I'm fairly sure it's not the hard drive.

Are there any other possible workarounds? I have put up with so much with this ASUS laptop, don't buy from them unless you're buying their gaming laptops.

It's currently sitting dismantled in my living room, unable to show me my screen help

Solution
could open up the laptop to reseat the video cable to the motherboard & screen 1st to see if corrects problem or not.