Asus n550jv overheating

alpacino2368

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013
Hey guys. I've had this laptop since September and earlier today it did something really weird. It became hot, really hot.

I ran realtemp and it came out to be 90c (100 being the cup max) and all realtemp sensors in not "ok" status. This laptop is not oc at all and was running at around 10percent load while the issue was occurring. Also the fan was running (clearly hear able so definitely at full power) and the laptop was on a wooden desk, the same it always sits on.

I know quiet a bit about pcs and can't think of any logical reason for the heat. Please help.

LummusMaximus

Honorable
Maybe clean out the fans? If they've been clogged by dust, they can't do that thing where they fan as efficiently. (Sorry, can't think of the right word.) if a fan cleaning doesn't work, you could always slather the insides with thermal paste.

http://www.treehugger.com/slideshows/gadgets/how-clean-laptop-fan-and-apply-thermal-paste-cpu-and-gpu/

alpacino2368

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013
Just did a prime95 test and couldn't get my laptop over 85! How is it at 100% load its fine and last night at 8% load it was overheating. Its in the same place and I didn't even touch the hardware.

alpacino2368

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013
I dont think the room or the desk was particularly warm. Its in a temp controlled room and it was night time. I hope it was random, it hasnt happened today even when i tried to recreate it with prime95. I just wanna get it figured out before the warranty comes up.