ASUS N56VM backlit keyboard issue

CemCilfa

Commendable
Apr 12, 2016
I have a Asus N56VM laptop which doesnt have a backlit keyboard. Recently I upgraded my keyboard to a backlit one. The motherboard on my laptop has a extra socket for the power for the lighting. I have tried to Install the latest ATK package and looked through the BIOS however have been unable to find a solution.
Any help would be kindly appreciated

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by toggling the fn+F3 or fn+F4 and see if you'll see the backlight of the keyboard activate.
- If it will not work, uninstall/reinstall the ATK software.
- Open Device Manager first and uninstall the keyboard driver.
- Go to Programs and Features next then uninstall anything related to the ATK software for the keyboard.
- Reboot the laptop after uninstalling these software.
- After the reboot, download and install the ATK software again.
- Here's the link: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Apps_for_Win8/ATKPackage/ATKPackage_Win8_64_Z100022.zip?_ga=1.53493674.305422646.1455979617
- Do test the keyboard again once everything has been installed.
- If it will still not work I would suggest opening the laptop to check if the ribbon cable is properly seated in the motherboard.
- If all these will not work please do replace the keyboard.

CemCilfa

Commendable
Apr 12, 2016

Hey Laptop_Nerd I really appreciate your help

I have undergone the steps you have advised me to take however there has been no luck.
I have been advised by the seller of my keyboard the following
"If that, I am afraid the backlight will not be able to work in your laptop. Although it has the port, but the function only can be supported with rewriting the BIOS information(enable this port), such as the function of Thunderbolt in some ASUS laptops between the US and EUR edition"

I have gone into the BIOS however there is nothing in relation to the additional port

Would you think this may be a solution. If so, how can i go about doing it

Thank you for taking time to solve my issue :)