Asus N76VZ laptop not turning on

Morgan15

Estimable
Dec 6, 2014
Hey guys, I am new to these forums and found you guys by browsing google for help regarding my laptop. About a week ago I started getting the "Consider replacing your battery" comment where my battery icon is. I was still able to use up until today in which it won't turn on. I press the power button and looks like it is starting to turn but just shuts off again. My charger is fine because I have another Asus laptop to plug it into. I could use some real help because I am not that tech savy.

Warukyure

Estimable
Pop out the battery, try plugging it in again, and try turning it on again. If it works, ya can replace the battery or use it as a glorified mini-all-in-one. If it does not, PSU probably dead in your laptop.

Warukyure

Estimable
A laptop can always be used without a battery, I have 2 laptops with batteries that are shot. But they can still turn on, function, and for the most part plug into a TV and netflix. The reason why you got that message is because usually after a certain number of cycles (discharge > Charge) a battery gets worn out and sooner or later will either a) last like 30 min or b) just not work at all, but it varies. They just want you to know that you should look into it replacing it if you use it a lot on battery life.

Morgan15

Estimable
Dec 6, 2014
So basically it's just coincidence that these two things happened around the same time. Well I will be ordering a new battery and looking for someone to put a new PSU in.