Asus notebook pc wont boot when it dies and then is charged

Kime2601

Estimable
Jan 12, 2016
Whenever my laptop dies, it wont boot correctly. It is an asus notebook pc and i updated it to windows 10 a few months ago. I charge up the pc and i switch it on, expecting it to load and then go to the login screen. Instead, i am faced with a black screen with the mouse and a blue circle above it. Nothing seems to be working and ive searched up everything and nobody has the same experiences. After a while, a notification pops up saying "WerFault.exe - Application Error", but i cannot click the ok button or the x. If i press fn+f8, a blue bar pops up on the side but only for a few seconds.

I would really appreciate some help as i cannot do anything now as my computer is busted

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving that issue.
- Do a hard reset first, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and boot it up.
- If it does still loads into the black screen press CTRL+ATL+DEL and select Task Manager.
- Click File on the top left corner and select New Task or Run New Task.
- Type in explorer.exe and click OK. See if you'll get the desktop background and Taskbar.
- If these doesn't work do try to load in Safe Mode, while the laptop is booting up repeatedly press F8 until it loads Advanced Boot Options and select Safe Mode.
- Once Safe Mode is loaded, do disable all the startup items and reboot to normal mode.
- If all these will not work do run a clean install of Windows 10.
- Here's the complete guide on how to create a bootable Windows 10.
- http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2745957/create-windows-installation-usb-drive-dvd.html