Asus q551L won't turn on

Solution
Unfortunately it sounds like you have one of those lovely ones that they make the battery extremely hard to get to. If you don't have any knowledge of doing such work, I would not recommend doing it yourself. There may well be many components, cords, connections, etc., that will need removing or moving to access it.

To get a better idea I would suggest you see if you can find a video online for your make/model on how to access the battery. Then you will know better if you feel comfortable doing the work yourself or not.
Technically almost all have a battery, just how easy it is to remove is a whole other thing.

If you are sure it is charged, and the laptop is under warranty, I would contact the manufacturer about the issue.

If it isn't under warranty, then you can take it to a local tech and have them look at it, or, if you feel comfortable doing it yourself, you can try the following.

Try the following and see if it will turn on...

1. First make sure the device has been charged.
2. Unplug your charger cord.
3. Remove the battery.
4. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.
5. Now plug back in the power/charger cord.
6. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.

Christine_15

Estimable
Dec 29, 2015

Christine_15

Estimable
Dec 29, 2015
There is no way to remove the battery as it appears to be internal. The only way is to remove the back which is held on with very small star shaped screws - not Phillips screws - but more like an asterisk. NO idea where to get a tool like that. Have tried doing a hard reboot without removing battery and that didn't work. Computer is fully charged as light is green. Unplugged it for a while and it went orange, replugged it in and it charged up to green again. Computer comes on but nothing happens. Keyboard lites up and then all goes black. Never get anything on the screen. Tried plugging it into an external monitor and still nothing. Need to get the battery out and try a hard reboot but unable to figure out how to get battery out.

Unfortunately it sounds like you have one of those lovely ones that they make the battery extremely hard to get to. If you don't have any knowledge of doing such work, I would not recommend doing it yourself. There may well be many components, cords, connections, etc., that will need removing or moving to access it.

To get a better idea I would suggest you see if you can find a video online for your make/model on how to access the battery. Then you will know better if you feel comfortable doing the work yourself or not.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS