Asus R510c Randomly cuts off

sean_54

Commendable
Apr 16, 2016
I have an Asus R510c that is only a year and a half old. It is currently running the windows 10 free upgrade. About 2 weeks ago it began to randomly cut off. After it happens I can turn if right back on, with no delay.

1) The temperatures from speed fan read as follows:
HD0: 34c
Temp1:52c
Core 0: 50c
Core1:50c
The temps for the core never get above 57c

2) I ran cyrtsaldisk program to check hard drive health, Every thing checks out. The health of the hard drive is good.

3) I only use my laptop for movies, surfing the internet and ms office.

I already tried a system restore, and, at the insistence of Asus tech support, did a system refresh. I am still experiencing the random shut offs

Hi,

Does it shut down while on battery or connected to it's charger? Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First, do test the AC adapter if it's working properly.
- Remove the battery off the laptop then connect it directly to it's charger and see it will stay on.
- If the laptop will still shut down while directly connected to its charger that could mean that it's a problem with the charger but do also try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it will still shut down by itself or not.
- If using a different AC adapter will work just fine that means you'll need to replace it but if the same problem will persist that could only mean that there's something wrong inside the laptop.
- Proceed with reseating the RAM's, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If all these will not work that could only mean that it's a motherboard problem.
- Do contact ASUS if the laptop is still under the factory warranty for a repair.

sean_54

Commendable
Apr 16, 2016

The shutdowns happen less frequent when the battery is removed, and it is just plugged into the the AC adapter. The shutdowns continue to happen.