Solved! ASUS ROG G701VI OC Edition, how much worth today?

Oct 19, 2021
Hello, probably its time to update my gaming laptop, bought it on 2017, when GTX 1080 was one of the newest by then. Its an ASUS ROG G701VI OC Edition, really a great machine with the following main specs:

17.3" 120Hz G-SYNC VR Ready, NVIDIA GTX 1080 8GB, 7th-Gen Intel Core i7-7820HK, 64GB DDR4, 2 x512GB PCIe SSD

Here the laptop in Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N20J6BI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But how much is worth now? I spent $3,500 by then, but today I think will cost not more than $1,500 as a used machine. No luck getting info from Ebay or other sites..

I appreciate your opinions.

Solution
Really no need to re[;ace a system with those specs, 1080 card and the i7 in it are perfectly fine for new games.

What you can get for it, that can vary day to day as to who is looking to get something similar. Look at comparable new laptops with the same speed video card, see how much they cost. Take about $400 off that for being out of warranty.

You can price it however you want, if it does not sell in a good time, lower the price till it does or you don't want to go any lower.
Really no need to re[;ace a system with those specs, 1080 card and the i7 in it are perfectly fine for new games.

What you can get for it, that can vary day to day as to who is looking to get something similar. Look at comparable new laptops with the same speed video card, see how much they cost. Take about $400 off that for being out of warranty.

You can price it however you want, if it does not sell in a good time, lower the price till it does or you don't want to go any lower.

Reactions: webarro
Solution
Oct 19, 2021

Yes you are right, still a good laptop for gaming and thats why is convenient to sell it. Would get a reasonable good price and more people interested, compared to if I sell it maybe in 2 years more...

Good advice on how to price it!

Thanks