Aug 15, 2019
Hey all, this is my first post on here. I'm shopping for a gaming computer to play mid-high end games and need some advice. It looks like I can spend around $1,799 minimum on an Asus ROG computer with 16 gbs of DDR4 RAM, a Nvidia RTX 2060 6 gb gpu, Intel Core i7 9th generation cpu, 144 hz refresh rate display, and so on and so on....or I can spend around $1,200-$1,400 on a Sager computer that has better specs?

1. What is your budget?
-$1100-$1700 IF it has everything
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
-15.6" Is preferred but willing to go to 17.3" if similar weight
3. What screen resolution do you want?
-1920x1080 or some kind of HD, looking for minimum of 120HZ display but preferably 144HZ or 240HZ
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
-Laptop replacement, looking for portability but willing to sacrifice some for power
5. How much battery life do you need?
-I would like 4+ hours web surfing and very light gaming without a charge, but as little as 2 is okay
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
-Yes, looking for a gaming laptop. Going to be frequenting online games like Roblox and RuneScape, but also games like Pixark, ESO series, The Sims 3 and The Sims 4 with multiple expansions each, as well as other games like Skyrim, Vampyr, and Ark: Survival Evolved, with multiple expansions and quite a few mods, so definitely med-high end games and looking for med-high settings. From what I've researched a Nvidia 1660 TI is a bare minimum for what I want
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
-Mainly things like web surfing, emails, occasional video or movie, along with possible college applications as well
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
-A SSD for boot up is preferred, but a bare minimum of 1T overall.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
-Most likely amazon.com, or a reputable one you can recommend me
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
-Hoping it to last as long as possible of course, but would be disappointed if it lasted less than 3 years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
-Already have an external optical drive.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
-So far I've been looking mostly at the ASUS ROG series, more recently at Acer Helios 300 series, but am open to other brands if they will suit my requirements and expectations better. Have had bad experiences with both Dell and HP
13. What country do you live in?
-United States.

Summary:
Storage: Min 1TB
Ram: Min 16GB, upgradable to 32GB+
GPU: Nvidia 1660 TI and higher
CPU: Intel core i7 8th generation (turbo speed 4.1 model) and higher
Will last: Bare min of 3 years, preferred 4-5
Brand: Any reputable brand
Screen: Preferred 15.6"-16", with min 120HZ refresh
Battery: 2 hrs + without charge
Ports: Must be VR ready, other than that doesn't matter
Price range: $1100 - $1800

In the end, I mainly want to know whether to trust this brand that I spot last minute for a drastically lower price than the competition. I've heard that they come without an OS, and that's fine as long as the computer will hold up to my requirements. I don't want the battery dying while charging, or the laptop overheating during use.
Thanks

Solution
Sager is fine to get for systems. If it comes without an operating system depends on where you buy it and what configuration. My favorite gaming laptop site is www.xoticpc.com, good sorting by systems. Clevo, Sager, MSI, Asus are all pretty equal, although I have had issues with CPU overheating in my ASUS 505 with AMD CPU and video card.
Sager is fine to get for systems. If it comes without an operating system depends on where you buy it and what configuration. My favorite gaming laptop site is www.xoticpc.com, good sorting by systems. Clevo, Sager, MSI, Asus are all pretty equal, although I have had issues with CPU overheating in my ASUS 505 with AMD CPU and video card.

Solution