ASUS ROG GL552VW-dh71 Bluetooth not working

macabagel

Commendable
Aug 20, 2016
Hi, I've tried installing the intel bluetooth drivers on the support site, and tried searching google but to no avail.

Everytime I press the windows key and type bluetooth to get into the bluetooth settings, it doesn't come up. When I go into device manager and open the bluetooth drivers, it says "This device cannot start. (Code 10)

STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE
"
I've tried many times to uninstall and reinstall the drivers to no avail also. I'm out of ideas here.

Solution
That is quite odd as that laptop should come with Bluetooth 4.0 already built in.

Was something changed or removed on it that could have removed this? Also, have you checked the system for malware, viruses, etc., which could be the problem?

macabagel

Commendable
Aug 20, 2016

Yea, I've tried those and it didn't work. Also the manual registry fix doesn't even state a bluetooth registry key.

Ash___

Commendable
Sep 7, 2016
Got the same PRoblem with my ROG GL742v.
Just yesterday I was looking at some Movie then my bluetooth connexion dropped. My headphones couldn't find the signal anymore. Then I quickly tried to find the bluetooth options into config pannel, then typed bluetooth to get into the settings aswel. Even into device manager I can't find it anhymore.....