Asus ROG pad stopped working

Solution
Actually, you can check right in your system, for the drivers. Just to into "Control Panel" then "Device Manager". Locate and open the "Mice and other pointing devices" section. Some systems have the "touchpad" listed without having to go into "Mice and other pointing devices". Either way, you will then right click on the listing for your device, and then click "Update driver software".

Also, since the key issue is separate from the pointer issue, you may want to also try the following.

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver. (It is in the same area as the other driver, but under the keyboard section. When right clicking, you just choose to uninstall the driver.)
2. Reboot the computer, without having reinstalled the driver.
3. When the...
Touchpad not working? Try the following and see if it fixes it...

1. Go into "Control Panel".
2. Click "Hardware and Sound".
3. Now click "Mouse and Touchpad".
4. Now go to "Additional mouse options".
5. The Mouse Properties window will open. In here click on your device.
6. Make sure your device is set to enabled. If it isn't then click "Enable Device".
7. Exit both that screen and "Control Panel".

It should work now.

Also, you might also want to check for updates to your drivers.

da_man1

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012

This did not solved my problem, device is enabled and it states "device working properly". I found out also that my ASUS Gesture was broken but I reinstalled it and it still did not solved my problem. Any idea why this happened? It seems that I'm not the only one with this problem.

Actually, you can check right in your system, for the drivers. Just to into "Control Panel" then "Device Manager". Locate and open the "Mice and other pointing devices" section. Some systems have the "touchpad" listed without having to go into "Mice and other pointing devices". Either way, you will then right click on the listing for your device, and then click "Update driver software".

Also, since the key issue is separate from the pointer issue, you may want to also try the following.

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver. (It is in the same area as the other driver, but under the keyboard section. When right clicking, you just choose to uninstall the driver.)
2. Reboot the computer, without having reinstalled the driver.
3. When the computer restarts, it should reinstall the keyboard driver all on it's own.

Solution