Solved! ASUS T100 pdf & Photos full screen only

Zane__

Honorable
Jan 10, 2016
ASUS T100TAF---- pdf & Photos are full screen only (or a split screen but still take up the entire screen)

Can PDF & photos be a variable size window like on a desktop or laptop?
instead of always full screen or split the screen in half----half screen?
I have windows 8.1 on my ASUS T100TAF (my 2nd one)
and the only thing I don't like is pdf's and photos are always full screen mode and cannot be made variable size like you can do on a normal laptop or desktop
you know, like you can do with windows, change the size and have multiple windows on your screen, looking at several at a time......
BUT NOT PDF or Photos on an ASUS T100!!!
that is the worst negative thing about these ASUS transformers
at least I have not figured out how to solve it yet-
THERE'S GOT TO BE A SOLUTION
anyone else ever wanted to fix that issue?

Solution
Get a photo editor that can resize photo's. Get Paint Shop Pro or something similar off EBay cheaply. This is not a computer problem, it's a photo editor problem.
For PDF's that can fit on screen, do a Printscreen. (Hold down Shift and hit Printscreen above Backspace button. Photo is now a JPG in memory, go to MSPaint or any photo editor and do a control V or just Paste in paint. Save as JPG.

BEAUFORD_SAVAGE

Respectable
Sep 6, 2020
Get a photo editor that can resize photo's. Get Paint Shop Pro or something similar off EBay cheaply. This is not a computer problem, it's a photo editor problem.
For PDF's that can fit on screen, do a Printscreen. (Hold down Shift and hit Printscreen above Backspace button. Photo is now a JPG in memory, go to MSPaint or any photo editor and do a control V or just Paste in paint. Save as JPG.

Solution
ASUS T100TAF---- pdf & Photos are full screen only (or a split screen but still take up the entire screen)

Can PDF & photos be a variable size window like on a desktop or laptop?
instead of always full screen or split the screen in half----half screen?
I have windows 8.1 on my ASUS T100TAF (my 2nd one)
and the only thing I don't like is pdf's and photos are always full screen mode and cannot be made variable size like you can do on a normal laptop or desktop
you know, like you can do with windows, change the size and have multiple windows on your screen, looking at several at a time......
BUT NOT PDF or Photos on an ASUS T100!!!
that is the worst negative thing about these ASUS transformers
at least I have not figured out how to solve it yet-
THERE'S GOT TO BE A SOLUTION
anyone else ever wanted to fix that issue?

That ASUS is pretty much a normal laptop, it's running a standard Windows version. Don't think of it as a different thing.

It depends on how you use it, do you have it in tablet mode maybe? Set it to desktop mode and see how that runs. What exactly is being used to open the files? Can't think of any program in Windows you can't resize unless it's hard coded to change the size. Windows 8 when it was done for these types of devices was not very well done, it had bugs, interface was clumsy to use.

When you use the tablet PCs in tablet mode it changes things to make it easier to see and read on a tablet screen with less interface options, with that small 10" screen I can see it just setting images to full screen, that thing is not much bigger than the larger cell phones.

Zane__

Honorable
Jan 10, 2016
tried https://www.birme.net
photo resize software online
what I am trying to do is what it will not do right now:
which is to make photos and pdf that have the
three options at upper right screen
"-" (Minimize)
"the double square"(which is in-between "-" & "x" in other words-Variable size)
"x"(Close)
all the ASUS T100 has so far is "-" and "x" without a double size or variable size window
I cannot like have several small windows on the screen at the same time like you can do with documents or other windows
Photos and pdf only are full screen

tried https://www.birme.net
photo resize software online
what I am trying to do is what it will not do right now:
which is to make photos and pdf that have the
three options at upper right screen
"-" (Minimize)
"the double square"(which is in-between "-" & "x" in other words-Variable size)
"x"(Close)
all the ASUS T100 has so far is "-" and "x" without a double size or variable size window
I cannot like have several small windows on the screen at the same time like you can do with documents or other windows
Photos and pdf only are full screen

That has nothing to do with resizing the actual files, that is just the program that opens them, the minimize, maximize and restore are all a function of Windows and the program, not the actual file. In what program are those files opening with? That is what you need to look at and possibly change.