Asus TF300TL unique comparison

scotch84

Distinguished
May 29, 2010
Looking for comparison to the TF300TL....TL being the most important part. Key feature search criteria :
* 10-12 in. tablet w/ separate keyboard (not on screen)
* 3G/4G phone capability (US) make/receive phone calls (not Skype or web connect)
* Bluetooth
Any suggestions of links , greatly appreciated ....its been somewhat difficult search not knowing how to actually label i.e. Tablet, Phablet, Laptop, etc.

jpishgar

VP, Global Community
Jan 5, 2010
The Tablet Configurator at our sister site, TopTenReviews, might be instructive here for you.
http://www.toptenreviews.com/configurator/tablets-review/

It can show you options, and you can compare the Transformer tablet with some other alternatives.

Hope this helps!

scotch84

Distinguished
May 29, 2010
Thank you for your reply and suggested sister site search/config. It does appear the Asus Transformer TF300TL in a league of it's own and not receiving much interests in capabilities listed above. not exactly sure why , benchmarks are good , most forum blog & review from personal usage opinions are average . But what gets me the most is why Asus went proprietary on the Carrier (AT&T) Vs. Unlocked SIM for the phone capability....I know development needed a partner for $$$$. Still I am completely amazed by the package : 10'' tablet w/ optional keyboard, Bluetooth, connectivity options that blow the comp. away with WIFI, BT, HDMI mini, USB, GPS, and 3G phone support. Respectable Graphic & camera, touchscreen & Pen support, etc.
Okay so it doesn't fit in you back pocket and yes your tied to using a BT earpiece , but in today's professional market who isn't and carrying that laptop around basically everywhere. Seriously what more could you ask for in reducing peripheral baggage.
Final frustration being , what's the crutch that has left this device unrecognized for for it's potential in the marketplace?
Not about to change carriers & purchase a device I can't seem to obtain a compelling review(good or bad) from and virtually no direct comparison.
Beyond me why Asus hasn't ramped up marketing TF300TL against the Surface RT since no longer supporting for "wounded" MS.
Thanks in Adv. for your time , comments a welcomed ....hoping that someone shares , disagrees ....something!

TRENDING THREADS