Asus Transformer Pad Infinity Will Arrive in July

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Maybe because the Surface Pro version starts at 64Gb and goes up to 128Gb, I agree that buying the lowest SSD version of each tablet would be a good idea though as SD cards are much cheaper, but still my personal opinion is that a 64Gb Surface Pro with USB3.0, Full HD screen, keyboard and Windows 8 Pro that allows me to use all my back catalogue of existing software - not to mention with no included 3G meaning I would tether to my smartphone so I don't have to invest in an expensive and totally unwanted second data contract - I think if they were to match at $750 it would be worth it....Feel free to think what you want on if it is a bridge too far or not, and don't get me wrong if Microsoft do decide to pitch it at $650 I will be the last person to complain with the $100 I would save, but $750 for a fully working Ultrabook that can convert into a tablet, I think that is pretty damn good[/citation]

The access times on SD cards are terrible. Sure the storage is cheap but flash in many cases are 15-20 times faster and ssd's are 30-40 times faster. I would much rather the larger integrated storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.