Solved! ASUS TUF BIOS USB Boot - no options available

Oct 4, 2020
I have an ASUS TUF gaming laptop. My HD fried and I have replaced the HD. I have a windows USB ready to go but the laptop will not boot from the USB to install Win10. There is are no boot options at all. Also there is no Launch CSM Option either. I have tried making a boot option to the usb UEFI file but it just kicks to BIOS. I’ve never had an issue with any other laptop booting from a USB.

I have tried everything I’ve read that out there... I know I’m missing something!

get into bios and set the bios to advanced, get to the boot menu and select 1st USB/removable and in HDD boot options your USB drive

use a USB 2.0 port if available

how did you create the windows 10 USB drive?

try a different USB thumb drive

which ASUS TUF gaming is it exactly?

Oct 4, 2020
I actually don’t have any boot options available. Under Fast Boot: Enabled there is a. Unselect ale “boot option priority) then the option to add or delete. If I try to add it asks to create a path to an EFI file... I do that to the usb but it won’t load. The th drive flashes a bunch then it kicks to bios.

I’ve tried all the USB ports with no luck.

The model I have is the FX705G

I created the win10 usb with the media creator from the Microsoft website, whatever the most current was is.

I also changed the drive mode to AHCI to see if there was a difference in settings, but nothing.

ive read about USB formatting issues - using FAT32 then putting win10 on it?

Last edited: