Asus U30JC charging issues

PearlLocket7

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016
I've got this notebook a year ago from my uncle. It is from the year 2010, so it is pretty old. I have not experienced any issues for 1 year, which is nice, but a strange thing happened to me. I was playing a videogame and suddenly the laptop turned off. This was wierd, because it was plugged in and charging when I checked. Anyway, I left it charging for a few hours, yet it still didn't work. I know the charger was working, but the light indicating charging of the battery on the laptop was turned off, and I was unable to turn the laptop on. Is there any other solution than buying a new laptop or parts?

Solution
First I would try a different charger cord to make sure that it is actually get a charge. If it does, with the alternate cord, then the one you had been using is probably in need of replacing. If it isn't the cord, the next thing to check is the battery. They do eventually need replacing as well.

Also, side note, since games, and other graphic heavy programs, use a lot of power, even plugged in, the thing won't actually charge. While the games, videos, etc., are being played/watched.

You might also try the following...

Try the following and see if it will turn on.

1. First make sure the device has been charged.
2. Unplug your charger cord.
3. Remove the battery.
4. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds and see if the device will turn on.
5. If it does, great, now plug back in the power/charger cord. (If it didn't turn on without the cord in, it should turn on once you it is in.)
6. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.

From there, if it is still not working, then you may need to open it up and find out the problem. Or take it to someone who can do that for you.

PearlLocket7

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016

Thanks a lot! Turns out, that there was something wrong with the battery itself, so we did what we could do to make it work, and it did. I'll probably get a new laptop though, because these problems happen more than to say it's okay. Either way, it worked, and I'm glad it did. Thank you

Solution