ASUS U46E Screen:

JakeTheITGuy

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013
Hi,
I was wondering if it was possible to use a different 14" LCD screen on my ASUS U46E, due to the fact that the LCD broke.

Asus_USA

Honorable
May 1, 2013
Look on the broken LCD and get the part number for it. You should be able to find an exact OEM replacement.

It's recommended, but you don't have to get the exact OEM screen. It does, however, have to be some sort of replacement for it. Think of a replica screen that's the same design and specs, but different brand.

JakeTheITGuy

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013

I am already using a external monitor. Does that mean the laptop itself would not work?

If the seller lists that as a compatible part, should work. The issue would be with using the same size and resolution screen made for a different model of laptop.

JakeTheITGuy

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013

That makes sense. As far as I can see he does not. Do you think you could try to find a screen that could work? If not no problem.

JakeTheITGuy

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013

Thank you for looking. I was hoping to get a LCD on the cheaper side but doesn't look like that will happen. I have requested a price from LCD4Less so I'll let you know what the price quote is.