Asus u47 laptop screen not turning on

profdynamite

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
While upgrading my laptop to windows 10 and installing an ssd in place of the hdd it came with, the screen on my laptop completely stopped working. I've plugged it into a monitor via HDMI and got nothing there either.

It might be more than the screen is what I'm worried about. When I turn it on, the hard drive spins for a couple seconds, but then stops. The battery has been busted for a few weeks too, which might have something to do with the fact that whenever I plug in the charger the laptop automatically turns itself on.

I've tried unplugging everything and pressing the power button repeatedly (this temporarily stops the laptop from turning itself on, but nothing else). I've also tried turning on the laptop with new hard drive attached, but the screen doesn't light up or get to the bios screen or anything.

I wasn't sure where to post this, but any help would be greatly appreciated

Solution
Hi,

First thing you might want to try doing is to remove the laptop battery and plugin the AC adapter only and then turn it on. Second is to re-seat the RAM, remove the RAM off the laptop for couple of seconds then put it back on then power it back on. Lastly, remove the HDD off the laptop then turn it on see if comes on to an error message on your screen. 2 components that might had been faulty with your laptop 1 is your motherboard 2 is your HDD.
Hi,

First thing you might want to try doing is to remove the laptop battery and plugin the AC adapter only and then turn it on. Second is to re-seat the RAM, remove the RAM off the laptop for couple of seconds then put it back on then power it back on. Lastly, remove the HDD off the laptop then turn it on see if comes on to an error message on your screen. 2 components that might had been faulty with your laptop 1 is your motherboard 2 is your HDD.

Solution