Asus UX301LA Backlight Bleeding

GTHvidsten

Estimable
Aug 23, 2014
I have recently bought an Asus UX301LA. When I first got it there was something wrong with the display so I sent it in for repairs.
When I got it back I thought it had an issue with backlight bleeding (take a look at this picture).
I talked with the service place and they decided to change the display again.
When I got it back again this week I still think it has an issue with backlight bleeding (picture).

The service place now claims that these displays will always have some amount of backlight bleeding, and that this is "by design", and therefore something one just have to live with.
I, on the other hand, think that this amount of bleeding is too much for a laptop in that price range. It also has more bleeding than the UX301 a colleague of mine has.

How much backlight bleeding would you think was acceptable, or too much?
Any suggestions on how I should handle this issue?

PS: The pictures are best viewed in fullscreen. The bleeding effect is a bit hard to notice with lots of bright content around the picture.

GTHvidsten

Estimable
Aug 23, 2014
I need to turn the brightness all the way down to get rid of the bleeding. At that point white is no longer white, so unfortunately not a solution I can live with.

GTHvidsten

Estimable
Aug 23, 2014
Here's a comparison of what I would consider acceptable bleeding (left) and my display (right). The comparison is a laptop of the same make and model with the same display settings.
How would you consider this?

Comparison photo

GTHvidsten

Estimable
Aug 23, 2014
I'm in contact with Asus now and hope that the issue will be resolved one way or the other. Thanks for the input.