Asus ux31e not powering on

Vhizoo

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016
Hello,I have an Asus ux31e which I got recently on a resale from a dealer, anyway, I plugged it in through the night before while I was watching a show and slept off, inadvertently leaving it on through the night.
In the morning, I found out my battery was really low, and while I checked to make sure it was well plugged in, the system went off, subsequent efforts to power it on failed, as the system kept powering off after a couple seconds,( I assumed, due to the low battery). Anyway I tried a couple more times and I got a page to either recover my pc or restart, I clicked "restart" and while embarking on a restart, the system powered off once more. I proceeded to ensure the charger was well plugged in ( since I had been having to manoeuvre the charger into the right spots for it to charge) . After plugging it for several hours, I checked to see if it would power on and it is still unresponsive. I'm very worried as, being without a system right now leaves me stranded. Any tips for me please?

Solution
If your cord is the original one that came with the computer, I would find out if the jack was for the same make/model or if a different part was used. I only mention as if it is a different part, eventually you may need a different charger cord.
Try removing the battery and running on charger cord alone to see if this works.

If it does you could have one, or both, of two problems.

1. The battery needs replacing. If it is dead, or dying, then it could cause problems like you are having.

2. The charger cord needs replacing. If the charger cord is damaged in any way (and you actually may not see the damage) then it could keep it from delivering enough power to the device to both run it and charge the battery. This will lead to things like the laptop shutting down when the battery is in, and of course the battery not charging.

You can test if it is one or two by turning off the laptop completely and then trying to charge it. If the battery still doesn't charge, but the laptop will run if the battery is out and plugged in, then the battery is the issue.

If you can charge it while the laptop is fully turned off, and run it from the battery alone (with the charger cord unplugged), but it shuts down if you battery and charger cord are both in, then the cord needs to be replaced.

Vhizoo

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016
thank you for your input. But I already sent the laptop in for repairs and it was the Dec power jack that had a problem, howver my charger doesn't fit perfect anymore although it's working and charging my battery. I'm still kinda worried tho

If your cord is the original one that came with the computer, I would find out if the jack was for the same make/model or if a different part was used. I only mention as if it is a different part, eventually you may need a different charger cord.

Solution