Solved! Asus Vivobook 15 X505BP black screen

Jan 9, 2020
Hi,

Managed to get Black screen when reinstalling Windows 10.

I tried to reinstall Windows 10 using USB drive. That prompted me to enter in BIOS (UEFI?) and remove secure boot.

After that it all went well. Installed windows and then I started installing windows updates. After a while I came back to see some bios screen popped up. Regretfully I didn't read pay much attention and just quit the bios. After that I was no longer able to boot it up. It just starts in black screen and after few second the fan just starts spinning full speed.

I thought of resetting CMOS, but to my surprise there was no CMOS battery. So I removed the regular battery, removed charger and pressed power button for minute or two in hopes that that will do the trick, but with no luck.

Also tried to remove HDD/SSD in hopes that it will boot into bios if no drives were to be found, but no luck to that too.

What are my options here?

Solution
How did you quit the BIOS? Just reset or did you just close the BIOS?

Try while the laptop is on:
1. Please force a shut down by long pressing the power button until the LED indicator goes off and then unplug the AC adapter.

2. Re-plug the AC adapter in and press the power button again to resume the BIOS update. Do not unplug the AC Adapter or interrupt the process until the BIOS update is completed. Once completed, the system should be back to normal usage.

3. Please enter the BIOS utility and load the BIOS default settings (F9) before saving and exiting (F10).
How did you quit the BIOS? Just reset or did you just close the BIOS?

Try while the laptop is on:
1. Please force a shut down by long pressing the power button until the LED indicator goes off and then unplug the AC adapter.

2. Re-plug the AC adapter in and press the power button again to resume the BIOS update. Do not unplug the AC Adapter or interrupt the process until the BIOS update is completed. Once completed, the system should be back to normal usage.

3. Please enter the BIOS utility and load the BIOS default settings (F9) before saving and exiting (F10).

Solution
Jan 9, 2020
BIOS screen was unresponsive, so i powered it off with power button. But nothing was indicating that it was updating BIOS. I already tried powering off/on several times in different variations. Nothing seems to be working

Jun 8, 2020
Hi there! Have you solved this issue? I have the exactly the same problem on the same laptop, I thought that it was my mistake because I've changed the RAM memory and the hdd, but I guess this is factory problem or maybe is the intel chipset update. I don't know why windows installed the intel chipset update if this laptop has an AMD processor.

Jun 8, 2020
Thank you, i'll see if there is something similar in my country, due the actual situation I don't want to order something of aliexpress.
I was thinking that you just unplugged a cable or something like that, or that you found the location of the cmos battery.

Jan 9, 2020
I knew that I messed up BIOS, so I know that reprogramming should work. And yeah, this model does not have CMOS battery, it uses the main battery and charge from components. What you can do is remove battery, charger and leave out like that for a while, then put in charger or battery and try booting it up.

Jun 8, 2020
In my case was a windows update, before I got this error, I could see an intel chipset update, but I was like what? why intel if this is an AMD processor? Windows restarted, I saw a bios error, restarted again and I just got the black screen.

I've opened the laptop and I've unplugged everything from the main board to see if this works.
I was calling to asus México support but I was waiting for more than hour.

I've changed the RAM memory and the hdd, but I guess this is factory problem or maybe is the intel chipset update. I don't know why windows installed the intel chipset update if this laptop has an AMD processor.
Did you try the old RAM and booting into BIOS without the HDD?
Did you reset the CMOS by removing the main battery and pressing power for about 1minute?

The Intel driver is most likely for wifi/bluetooth or lan

Jun 14, 2020
Hi there! Have you solved this issue? I have the exactly the same problem on the same laptop, I thought that it was my mistake because I've changed the RAM memory and the hdd, but I guess this is factory problem or maybe is the intel chipset update. I don't know why windows installed the intel chipset update if this laptop has an AMD processor.

I also have this problem, if someone has a solution, please tell me