ASUS X102BA neither charging nor turning on

S M Ghazi

Prominent
Feb 17, 2017
Hi,
So about an year ago my laptop Asus notebook x102ba started dying. When i switched it on it didn't the I left it and then tried after a few days it turned on at that time it was charging as well then the battery showed to be full so I unplugged it but then the laptop also turned off I tried turning it on but it didn't and after that it sometimes turned on and sometimes not and everytime it was connected to charger while it started or not. Then I removed the battery and started using it on direct power, it worked fine for some months and then started doing the same. I mean it sometimes turned on and sometimes not and a week ago I gave a shock to the battery it gained enough current and then I also checked the battery but when I pluged it in the laptop the laptop is neither charging nor turning on.
Today after a week I plugged it in to charge and the charging light just showed for 2 secs and then the same issue persists.
What should I do?

Solution
Have you gone back to using it with the battery removed? If so, and it stll fails, the power jack may be the problem and may need replacing. It ight be worth buying a new charger before you go any further.

I say that because it's a very small netbook and replacing the jack is quite difficult. You might even struggle to find a professional to take that job on.
Have you gone back to using it with the battery removed? If so, and it stll fails, the power jack may be the problem and may need replacing. It ight be worth buying a new charger before you go any further.

I say that because it's a very small netbook and replacing the jack is quite difficult. You might even struggle to find a professional to take that job on.

Solution