Solved! ASUS x205ta laptop only works when plugged in

alejandroalb112

Prominent
Sep 13, 2017
Hi
my asus x205ta won't charge only works plugged in, the battery while is plugged only shows 100% percent, I also bought a battery but still not charging should i buy a new charger? it is possible this could be a board issue?

Solution
Well, while it could be an issue with the motherboard (or a separate board if that device has it set up that way), however it seems unlikely.

Have you tried charging the device while it is turned off? Does it charge then?

While it could be the cord, sometimes they don't put out enough power to charge a battery and run a device, hence the charge while it is turned off. However, if your battery is saying it is fully charged, yet won't power the device I am wonder (new battery or not) if it isn't the batteries or the connection inside to the battery. Especially if it is an after market battery. Sometimes they don't put out the right amount of power so the device they are supposed to run doesn't work.

You can try a new cord, but if the...
Well, while it could be an issue with the motherboard (or a separate board if that device has it set up that way), however it seems unlikely.

Have you tried charging the device while it is turned off? Does it charge then?

While it could be the cord, sometimes they don't put out enough power to charge a battery and run a device, hence the charge while it is turned off. However, if your battery is saying it is fully charged, yet won't power the device I am wonder (new battery or not) if it isn't the batteries or the connection inside to the battery. Especially if it is an after market battery. Sometimes they don't put out the right amount of power so the device they are supposed to run doesn't work.

You can try a new cord, but if the battery is after market, I would try an OEM one first.

Solution

alejandroalb112

Prominent
Sep 13, 2017
thanks for reply yes i tried to charge the laptop turned off but still not working , the battery always shows 100% but when i unplug the charger the laptop immediately turns off , the orange led battery indicator always keeps blinking