Solved! Asus x302la black screen

Sep 21, 2019
If my Asus x302la notebook goes shutdown or sleep mode Its display black even my notebook is on. But sometimes if I keep restart laptop by holding on button for 30 minutes or 1 hour then sometimes it's display back but if once I shutdown or goes sleeping mode then again screen black.

Solution
OK the way you wrote this is kind of confusing so let me see if I am understanding correctly.

Also, first, you should never hold a power button for longer than a few seconds, 60 seconds max. Never minutes or hours.

Now, if I am getting this, your laptop goes into sleep mode and then you can't get it to wake, you just keep getting a black screen. Is that right? If that is the case, you can try the info I am including below, if that doesn't work, or that isn't what you mean was the problem (and it is something else) then please clarify.

OH and you should never try to get out of sleep mode by pushing the power button.

First try this...
  1. Go into "Control Panel" and click the "Power Options".
  2. Next to the plan that is currently...
OK the way you wrote this is kind of confusing so let me see if I am understanding correctly.

Also, first, you should never hold a power button for longer than a few seconds, 60 seconds max. Never minutes or hours.

Now, if I am getting this, your laptop goes into sleep mode and then you can't get it to wake, you just keep getting a black screen. Is that right? If that is the case, you can try the info I am including below, if that doesn't work, or that isn't what you mean was the problem (and it is something else) then please clarify.

OH and you should never try to get out of sleep mode by pushing the power button.

First try this...
  1. Go into "Control Panel" and click the "Power Options".
  2. Next to the plan that is currently selected click "Change Plan Settings".
  3. Now click "Change Advanced Power Settings".
  4. Open the "Sleep Setting" and find "Hybrid Sleep"
  5. Change/set it to allow.
  6. Now click "Apply" and then click "OK".
  7. Finally shut down and power up the computer.

Should the above not help, then try the following...

Try updating the power management drivers.

First make sure that the laptop is using the most current version of the power management software. If not, update the drivers. Follow these steps:

1. Go to "Control Panel" and then click "Device Manager".

2. Double click and open "System Devices".

3. Right-click "Microsoft AC PI-Compliant System".

4. Now choose "Update Driver Software".

5. Carefully read all the instructions onscreen.

You may wish to also repeat these instructions, but right-click "Microsoft AC PI-Compliant Embedded Controller" in Step 3. (if located on your system)

If this doesn't work, you may need to go to the laptop manufacturer’s website and search their support section and locate any new power management drivers for your laptop make and model.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not remove any AC PI entries. Doing so may disable some of your laptop’s power management features, such as the ability to put it to sleep by pressing the Power button. It is also a tad complicated to reinstall those features, so best to avoid the problem all together.

Solution
Sep 21, 2019
thanks for reply,, i didn't try yet your suggestion but let me explain more about my problem sometimes i watch movie and sleep without shutdown so in the morning i see its OFF i try open it after charge but its ON but screen black . even if i shutdown laptop before sleep in morning same problem that laptop ON but screen black out.later i keep repeating laptop ON and OFF then after 15 minis or 30 or 1 hour tried its screen comeback ,,, i dnt knw how its back but sometimes take 4 hour or more times also .

If it is on when you leave it, it will either be off (as in no power and need to be powered on) which then shouldn't have a screen until powered back on, or it will be in sleep or hibernate, which then makes the screen go black and needs to be woke up.

The information I sent is for the second one. When the system is still powered on, but the screen is black and not waking back up.

Now if it is powered of, not on at all, and taking a while to power on, that it something totally different. But that is talking about the whole laptop. If it has power at all, any signs of life, and is just needing to wake the display, then you need to try what I sent.

Now if it is, instead, powered off and the screen is black, or the screen shows nothing at all when you power it on, then the following is what you need to check.

NOTE: This is only if the screen never shows anything at all once you turn the device back on. If you can see the initial screens and the logo screen, but just not see Windows, that is different.

For it powering on (the laptop), but the screen is totally black from the second you power it on... try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
  2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
  3. Turn on the external monitor.
  4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

You may also want to try hitting CTRL + SHIFT + WIN + B to try and reset your graphics driver as another possible fix.